Price: 560 € (80 € per day)
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND MAIN OBJECTIVES
What makes a good teacher great? A simple smile.
This course will delve into the positive characteristics of the 21st century teacher and the ways to make the classroom experience truly engaging and stimulating. Featuring outdoor activities, character-enhancing exercises and the most amazing location in the world — the city of Dubrovnik, the jewel in the crown of Croatia.
Our unique, engaging course endeavors to inspire teachers to incorporate optimism, positive feelings and resilience into their classroom.
- We will focus on building teachers’ character strengths which will in turn enhance students’ personalities and prepare them for self-assurance and leadership.
- Mindfulness will be used to make happier teachers who live in the ‘now’ and are willing to use breathing techniques to reduce bullying and fear of test taking among their students.
- Drama will be introduced to stimulate the atmosphere in the classroom and motivate both the teacher and the learners to actively engage in the learning process.
- Teachers’ own creativity will be challenged to help them build a positive crassroom atmosphere where students think outside the box and don’t shy away from challenges.
- Game-based learning will be emphasized to make teaching exciting and further develop students’ skills and their sense of leadership and togetherness.
Our teacher-trainer is an experienced Trinity College UK certified Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages with an Honors Bachelor of Arts (HBA) degree in Psychology & German Studies from Lewis & Clark College in Oregon, USA.
The topics we plan on covering during the Dubrovnik course include:
- What Makes a Good Teacher Great
- Individual Differences in the Classroom
- Use Your Personality to Motivate Your Students
- What Pushes Your Buttons: Turning the Negative into the Positive
- Reaction vs Response: Making the Right Decision in the Classroom
- Learn to Focus on the Positive: The Breathing Anchor
- Outdoor Wellness & Games
- Dramatic Storytelling
- Creative Workshop
- Brain Gym: The Perfect Morning Pick-Me-Up