All Erasmus Teacher Training Destinations
BERLIN – German Language & Culture for Teachers & Staff
This course delves into the beginning and low-intermediate concepts of the German language. Participants will learn the basic vocabulary to be able to hold simple conversations in everyday situations. We will explore key grammatical concepts as building blocks to creation of simple German. Participants will listen to German to learn how to recognize linguistic nuances. We will also learn how to write informal as well as formal emails, using specific vocabulary. Finally, the course puts special emphasis on conversational skills as we learn to interact using tecnhology.
Cultural aspects will be presented throughout the course. Short videos of German ‘Landeskunde’ will present Germany and Germans to reinforce listening, questions and anwers as well as conversational skills. In the afternoons, we will engage in cultural activities, guided tours, and excursions to fully immerse ourselves in the German culture.
By the end of the course, you will have gained a deeper understanding of the German language and culture, and have new tools to bring back to your classroom.
Participant is going to acquire the following competences:
- Improve fluency and accuracy in German language
- Discover many aspects of the German culture
- Acquire direct experience with activities that involve the four basic skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) in the classroom
- Observe and absorb authentic German communication practices
- Explore German language in the authentic German setting of the capital Berlin
THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- Free Berlin walking tour;
- Full programme of study sessions ( minimum 25 hours per week );
- Course materials;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Learning Agreement;
- Quality Agreement;
- Visits to local institutions;
- Personalized support;
- Expertise of Local Representative on location during the mobility;
- Free WIFI internet;
- Coffee and tea breaks;
- Administration costs.
Our course takes place in the buzzing German capital Berlin, more precisely in Schöneberg, one of the central points of Berlin. Close to all the major attractions of Berlin, such as the Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Museuminsel and more, our premises in Berlin are a welcoming haven for self reflection. Grunewald in the western side of Berlin is a forest where our participants will spend a day getting in touch with their senses and breathing in nature.