All Erasmus Teacher Training Destinations
BERLIN – Classroom Management Solutions for Educators: New Methods, Effective Assessment, Motivational Tools
This course is created for teachers who want good control of their classroom through active participation and engaged learning.
Participants will look into establishing good rapport with students and creating a positive classroom atmosphere. Teachers will also learn how to manage their classroom through reflection and teacher observation. Establishment of rules and regulations in the classroom will be discussed.
Moreover, the course implements motivational techniques, focusing on attention, relevance, confidence and satisfaction. We will focus on groupwork and small group pairings to enhance classroom motivation. Teachers will also gain invaluable tips to encourage students to reflect on their own classroom behaviour.
The concept of Flipped Classroom will be introduced, a new way of presenting the material and teachers will get hands-on training on using this innovative teaching method. Finally, we will look into assessment and evaluation.
The course will provide useful tips for running a smooth classroom based on clear rules and regulations.
Our resident psychologist and Mindfulness instructor, Dario Caljkusic, holds an Honors degree from Lewis & Clark College, in Portland, Ore, USA. His course is both engaging and thought-provoking, entertaining yet introspective. As our former course participants Jane, Mette, Ditte & Lise-Lotte from Denmark wrote about Dario: ‘Thank you so much for the most exciting course.You have been a fantastic, motivating teacher’.
Participant is going to acquire the following competences:
- Manage their classroom effectively by establishing rules with proper consequences
- Deal with difficult behaviors by working on collaborative solutions
- Learn how to be fair and address students’ expectations, organize pair and group work, and develop positive relationships
- Motivate learners and get them to reflect on their behavior
- Organize and plan for a Flipped Classroom experience
- Establish a positive classroom experience.
THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- Free Berlin walking tour;
- Full programme of study sessions ( minimum 25 hours per week );
- Course materials;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Learning Agreement;
- Quality Agreement;
- Visits to local institutions;
- Personalized support;
- Expertise of Local Representative on location during the mobility;
- Free WIFI internet;
- Coffee and tea breaks;
- Administration costs.
Our course takes place in the buzzing German capital Berlin, more precisely in Schöneberg, one of the central points of Berlin. Close to all the major attractions of Berlin, such as the Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Museuminsel and more, our premises in Berlin are a welcoming haven for self reflection. Grunewald in the western side of Berlin is a forest where our participants will spend a day getting in touch with their senses and breathing in nature.