All Erasmus Teacher Training Destinations
AZORES – PORTUGAL (Ponta Delgada, São Miguel island) : Collaboration, Teamwork & Teambuilding: Create stronger bonds in your classroom
As you prepare to delve into the captivating course in the Azores, get ready for a transformative experience surrounded by nature’s wonders. Amidst the emerald landscapes and azure horizons, let the Azores be the canvas for innovative ideas and collaborative learning. May the fresh ocean breeze invigorate your discussions, and the lush scenery stimulate creativity. Here’s to a teacher training filled with inspiration, shared knowledge, and the unparalleled beauty of the Azores.
Foster collaboration in your classroom
Due to fast-changing technology of 21st century, many young people became isolated and detached from their surroundings. Therefore, we designed this Erasmus+ KA1 course for teachers who feel that it’s time to restore connections between their students and raise awareness about their mental health. Teamwork promotes a learner’s performance, creates stronger social networks between students and increases understanding of diverse perspectives, which is, by all means, a great reason to encourage it in the classroom. Our accomplished Erasmus teacher trainers and psychology specialists will help you upgrade and enrich your teaching practice with collaborative activities that can also prevent early school leaving.
Encourage successful group dynamics & focus on well-being
We will put emphasis on well-being in the classroom which you can achieve by enhancing group cohesion that should be at the forefront of successful teaching. Diverson and inclusion are some of the crucial elements of teamwork and for this reason we will teach you how to create a happy classroom where diversity is welcome, students are active and the environment is inviting and comfortable. People are social beings, which is why it’s important to work on empathy and create strong bonds that will expand outside of the classroom as well. This will consequently reduce early school leaving and keep students in school, satisfied and fulfilled.
Boost student’s motivation and confidence
We will engage in exercises that will foster a dynamic classroom where students are concentrated, engaged and relaxed. In summary, we will work on motivating lesson plans that include teamwork, integration & active listening. The focus is on mental health and well-being in the classroom where both the teacher and his/her students have a strong sense of belonging, empathy and group dynamics. We will teach you how to achieve this through presentation of healthy competition, conflict prevention, resolution and finally, confidence boost.
Our resident psychologist and Mindfulness instructor, Dario Caljkusic, holds an Honors degree from Lewis & Clark College, in Portland, Ore, USA. His course is both engaging and thought-provoking, entertaining yet introspective. As our former course participants Jane, Mette, Ditte & Lise-Lotte from Denmark wrote about Dario: ‘Thank you so much for the most exciting course.You have been a fantastic, motivating teacher’.
Participant is going to acquire the following competences:
- Get introduced to definion & theories on team dynamics;
- Learn how to relax in the classroom and emphasize feelings of belonging and empathy;
- Acquire knowledge on creating a good relationship & teamwork between students;
- Discover teamwork challenges;
- Emphasize leadership roles in the classroom;
- Manage projects & tasks in a team;
- Influence students to work collaboratively, especially within small-group dynamics: the psychology of pairing;
- Use Games & activities to promote teamwork & motivation and reduce early school leaving;
- Activate brain to jumpstart concentration and attentiveness;
- Learn how to utilize Dynamic lesson planning;
- Gain knowledge of importance of motivation in group dynamics;
- Practice soft skills through drama and storytelling
THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- Full programme of study sessions ( minimum 25 hours per week );
- Course materials;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Learning Agreement;
- Quality Agreement;
- Visits to local institutions;
- Personalized support;
- Expertise of Local Representative on location during the mobility;
- Free WIFI internet;
- Coffee and tea breaks;
- Administration costs.