Sustainability in education – introducing green and eco-lifestyles
COURSE DESCRIPTION : Sustainability in education – introducing green and eco-lifestyles
Rapid climate changes transform our ecosystem and our lives on an extraordinary scale. Global warming may seem inevitable, but there is still time to make an impact on the mindsets of the younger generation, which is why we must take action into our own hands and learn how to educate others about sustainable living.
This course is aimed at teachers and educational staff who want to develop in the area of environmental and eco-friendly education. During the course you will become aware of climate issues our world is facing and learn how to implement principles of sustainable development into your teaching practice. Since the course is taking place in the beautiful Mediterranean city of Split, you will experience the importance of biodiversity firsthand and enjoy many natural beauties of our city.
You will learn outdoors and exchange your experiences with colleagues from all over Europe bathed in sunshine, while walking by the sea or sitting in the shades of trees. The course will cover a number of topics concerning waste management with the focus on eco-friendly lifestyles as well as techniques of inspiring young people to help with the environmental crisis. At the end of the course, you will be able to incorporate environmental studies in your curriculum and shape young minds into future environmentalists!
Don’t think about the change, be the change. Learn hands-on from experts who change our world for the better day to day – they are ready to share their experience and knowledge with you!
- Encourage children to protect our oceans and be environmental heroes
- Involve students in keeping our waters free from rubbish
- Learn how to organize debates and projects about environmental sustainability
- Integrate student thinking about the climate crisis into classroom activities
THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- Free Split walking tour – with the local expert guide (included);
- Full programme of study sessions ( minimum 35 hours per week );
- Course materials;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Europass, on request
- Learning Agreement, on request
- Visits to local institutions;
- Personalized support;
- Expertise of Local Provider on location during the mobility;
- Free WIFI internet;
- Coffee and tea breaks;
- Administration costs.
Work on your professional and personal development under Erasmus+, network, build strong relationships with your colleagues from all over Europe and explore amazing culture and nature in Croatia’s beautiful city of Split!
Location : Erasmus Courses Split