All Erasmus Teacher Training Destinations
Zadar – CRITICAL THINKING – Developing 21st century skills in the classroom
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Developing 21st century skills in the classroom
Learn Essential 21st Century Skills
This Erasmus+ KA1 course has been designed for 21st century classroom where teachers have the increasing need to develop crucial skills of today. Skills such as creativity, critical thinking, collaboration and communication.
Information and communication technology (ICT) has brought many changes when it comes to everyday life and we as educators need to keep up. Critical thinking has been identified as one of essential life skills that enables students to learn how to think rationally, clearly and most importantly – independently.
Introduce Critical Thinking Into Your Classroom
The focus of this Erasmus teacher training course is on learning how to teach students to become analytical.
To practice the ability to carefully examine information, interpret data and question evidence.
You will discuss ideas and explore various case studies, work in groups and share examples of good practice. Along with that, you will develop your problem solving through clarification, collaboration, evaluation and decision making.
Interest Students With Innovative Teaching Practices
Our accomplished Erasmus teacher trainers will teach you how to engage your students through interactive activities.
You will also learn to use innovation and active learning and create student-centered classroom with flipped classroom technique and blended learning. You will gain knowledge on how to boost your students’ imagination and creativity with practical storytelling techniques.
Learn how to guide them to be open-minded in order to be able to put aside any assumptions and embrace different perspectives. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to develop and deepen their professional and general competences.
Use innovative teaching tools and techniques as well as facilitate classroom management, work better in a mixed ability classroom, and increase their students’ motivation.
Participant is going to acquire the following competences:
- Develop vital 21st century teaching skills
- The 4Cs of education – creativity, communication, collaboration and critical thinking
- Evaluate information through observation, interpretation and reflection
- Learn how to build games for the purpose of developing soft skills in students
- Learn about benefits of drama for improving communication skills which has proved to prevent bullying, early school leaving and enhancing motivation of our students
- Enhance collaborative problem solving, creative thinking, teamwork, decision making, motivation and hands-on learning
- Learn how to instantly digitize the classroom by applying frameworks and models that support effective implementation of ICT in the classroom
- Use Applications such as: Goosechase, Quizziz, Vita, PLickers and QR Codes
- Develop higher-level thinking, boosting their confidence and self-esteem
THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- Free Zadar walking tour – with the local expert guide (included);
- Full programme of study sessions ( minimum 25 hours per week );
- Course materials;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Learning Agreement
- Quality Agreement;
- Visits to local institutions;
- Personalized support;
- Expertise of Local Provider on location during the mobility;
- Free WIFI internet;
- Coffee and tea breaks;
- Administration costs.
Work on your professional and personal development under Erasmus+, network, build strong relationships with your colleagues from all over Europe and explore amazing culture and nature in Croatia’s beautiful city of Split!