Join us in Berlin, Germany on our new innovative course aimed at teachers who aspire to inspire.
The urban center of Germany, city of Berlin, will be the stage for professional growth and development aimed at teachers who feel that modern technology and individualism of the 21st century have led to the need to go back to the roots and teach collaboration and a sense of belonging to the community.
This course promotes well-being in the classroom by enhancing group cohesion that should be at the forefront of successful teaching. The emphasis is on a happy classroom where diversity is welcome, students are active and the environment is inviting and comfortable. Improve Collaboration and teamwork.
Exercises will be presented to foster a dynamic classroom where students are concentrated, engaged and relaxed. We will work on motivating lesson plans that include teamwork, integration & active listening. The focus is on mental health and well-being in the classroom where both the teacher and his/her students have a strong sense of belonging, empathy and group dynamics. This will be achieved through presentation of healthy competition, conflict prevention and resolution and finally, confidence boost.
Our tracher-trainer is an experienced Trinity College UK certified Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages with an Honors Bachelor of Arts (HBA) degree in Psychology & German Studies from Lewis & Clark College in Oregon, USA.
The topics we plan on covering during the course include:
– Introduction to the course with a strong focus on the participants and their respective countries and schools through icebreakers
– Definition & theories of teams
– Learn how to relax in the classroom and emphasize feelings of belonging and empathy.
– Creating a good relationship & teamwork between students
– Discovering teamwork challenges
– Emphasizing leadership roles in the classroom
– Managing projects & tasks in a team
– Influencing the students to work collaboratively
– Games & activities to promote teamwork & motivation
– Activate your brain to jumpstart concentration and attentiveness
– Small-group dynamics: the psychology of pairing
– Dynamic lesson planning
– The importance of motivation in group dynamics
– Practice soft skills through drama and storytelling
Join us on this innovative, exciting new course in one of the most thrilling European capitals. Explore Brandenburg Gate, discover Reichstag, wonder through the picturesque Mitte, see the remnants of the Berlin Wall with Checkpoint Charlie, be amazed by the Museum Island and much, much more. But primarily, learn how to foster successful collaboration in your classroom. Berlin never ceases to amaze and coupled with our energizing course, we promise an unforgettable week with memories to spare.