All Erasmus Teacher Training Destinations
Zadar – Focus on Mental Health & Well-being using Mindfulness
A plethora of challenges surround the task of teaching in the 21st century. Teachers face many obstacles, such as excessive beaurocracy, student insubordination, difficult working conditions and many more. This, in turn, leads to stress in the workplace and a possible burnout as a result of accumulated tension. Hence, a strong focus on our mental health seems to be imperative and essential to living happy and healthy lives.
Our course ‘Focus on Mental Health & Well-being using Mindfulness’ looks into what pushes our buttons & how we can make stress our friend. We will discuss our stressors and remind ourselves of the positive aspects of our lives.
The course delves into living in the present moment and introduces breathing as the ultimate anchor for our well-being. The participants will be encouraged to tap into their five senses, take mindful walks and engage in collaborative excercises to enhance their feeling of wellness.
Furthermore, the course also expands focus on our students & their mental health with the introduction of emotional awareness principles and teamwork challenges.
Our resident psychologist and Mindfulness instructor, Dario Caljkusic, holds an Honors degree from Lewis & Clark College, in Portland, Ore, USA. His course is both engaging and thought-provoking, entertaining yet introspective. As our former course participants Jane, Mette, Ditte & Lise-Lotte from Denmark wrote about Dario: ‘Thank you so much for the most exciting course.You have been a fantastic, motivating teacher’.
LEARNING OUTCOMES :
- How to efficiently work on one’s mental health and well-being
- Raise awareness on the importance of handling stress and dealing with stressors, as well as avoiding and preventing burnout
- Become equipped with powerful tools and exercises that will help you relax and distress in the future
- Learn how to unwind with mindful meditation
- Practicing creative ways in dealing with stress in the classroom
- Acquire knowledge on building a stress-free classroom, guided by empathy and collaboration
- Recognize what triggers stress and find out how stress influences teaching and learning ability.
The Course Fee Includes:
- Free Zadar walking tour;
- Full programme of study sessions ( minimum 25 hours per week );
- Course materials;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Learning Agreement
- Quality Agreement;
- Visits to local institutions;
- Personalized support;
- Expertise of Local Representative on location during the mobility;
- Free WIFI internet;
- Coffee and tea breaks;
- Administration costs.
You will get to experience striking natural beauty of the Adriatic coast and neighboring forests, complemented by a Mediterranean climate that’s perfectly-suited for outdoor retreat activities. Take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity to visit one of the most beautiful cities in the world and return home 100% rejuvenated and reenergized!