Erasmus Courses Split
The Fun of Coding – Learn How to Teach Coding to Your Students and Develop Computational Thinking
Learn the basics of coding and transfer that knowledge to your students
This Erasmus+ KA1 course will help you develop your critical, creative and computational thinking. Coding and programming are key growth areas in the 2020s. They are expected to expand even further with the advancement of new technologies. That’s why it is important and useful to understand the basics of the intricate workings of computers and their programmes. In addition to creating your own content, you will also learn how to transfer it to your classroom and engage your students.
Encourage playful learning in classroom with the help of digital tool Scratch
Our experienced Erasmus teacher trainers will teach you how to use Scratch, the worlds largest community for coding with easy and intuitive graphic user interface (GUI). You will be able to create your own digital stories, coupled with animations and even games in no time. This free tool is used worldwide and available in over 70 languages making it the perfect entry point to coding for people of all ages. You will learn about the basic terms such as variables, loops and conditionals. Above all, you will use learned knowledge in popular programming language, Python. We will also teach you how to create your first algorithm from scratch using the knowledge and computer logic you’ve learnt from Scratch.
Develop practical skills and hands-on approach in a creative way
To sum up, this Erasmus course focuses mostly on developing practical and problem-solving skills. The course is covering just enough theoretical knowledge about the basics of coding and programming. By the end of this course, you will know how to creatively engage your students in the classroom, but, most importantly, provide them with a great start for their future digital endeavors.
Participant is going to acquire the following competences:
- Learning basic programming terms (e. g. computational thinking, algorithm, variable)
- Using the Scratch program
- Designing educational games with Scratch
- Reading and writing Python code
- Using variables, conditional and loops in the program
- Solving problems through code
- Use ready-made modules for programming
- Create problems of their own for teaching programming
THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- Free Split walking tour – with the local expert guide (included);
- Full programme of study sessions ( minimum 35 hours per week );
- Course materials;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Europass, on request
- Learning Agreement, on request
- Visits to local institutions;
- Personalized support;
- Expertise of Local Provider on location during the mobility;
- Free WIFI internet;
- Coffee and tea breaks;
- Administration costs.
Work on your professional and personal development under Erasmus courses Split Croatia network, build strong relationships with your colleagues from all over Europe and explore amazing culture and nature in Croatia’s beautiful city of Split!
Location : Erasmus Courses Split