Erasmus Courses Split.
Special needs and Inclusion in Education
Special needs and Inclusion in Education is an Erasmus+ KA1 course designed to equip teachers with tools, knowledge and strategies used with students with disabilities.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Special Needs in Education
Adjust Curriculum to Specific Needs of Individual Students
Creating a proper and supportive learning environment for special needs children presents a true challenge for educators. It requires a detailed knowledge of how the students’ learning needs should be addressed and how to support them in their educational path.
In our Erasmus teacher training course participants learn how to recognize the specifics of students with SEN, gifted students as well as students with disabilities.
Following this, according to their needs, educators plan teaching and learning strategies. The emphasis is on students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, auditory processing disorder/visual motor deficit, ADHD and identifying the causes of their difficulty in mastering school materials and the necessary adjustments.
Implement Digital Technologies in Special Needs Education
Technology is continuously improving and teachers can now take advantage of this.
There is ICT that is developed especially for children with special needs. According to the children’s needs, teachers learn how to identify barriers of the use of digital technologies and how to choose the technology that suits the students best.
Exchange Experiences and Useful Practices With Other Teachers and School Staff
One of the goals of Erasmus+ is sharing of teacher experiences and discussing examples of good practice.
For that reason, teachers analyze and compare examples of inclusion of children with SEN from different countries’ school systems.
Participant is going to acquire the following competences:
- Learn about an array of disabilities
- Recognize the specifics of students with SEN, gifted students as well as students with disabilities
- Get familiar with the tools used in creating supportive learning environment for special needs children
- Develop plans and learning strategies
- Visit Croatian institutions that work with children with special needs
- Exchange your experiences with other teachers from EU countries
THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- Free Split walking tour – with the local expert guide (included);
- Full programme of study sessions ( minimum 35 hours per week );
- Course materials;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Learning Agreement
- Quality Agreement;
- Visits to local institutions;
- Personalized support;
- Expertise of Local Provider on location during the mobility;
- Free WIFI internet;
- Coffee and tea breaks;
- Administration costs.
Work on your professional and personal development under Erasmus+, enhance your communication skills in an international environment, enjoy the company of fellow teachers from many different European countries, exchange experiences and share knowledge in Croatia’s beautiful city of Split!
Location : Erasmus Courses Split