Museum Based Learning in Split
Elevate your teaching to new heights with our museum-based learning course to create dynamic, experiential and project-based lessons that increase the engagement of students
Museums as hubs for digitalisation, innovation and interaction
In today’s society, museums and galleries are more relevant than they have ever been. In essence, museums have evolved from exclusive repositories of curated collections to inclusive, dynamic spaces that cater to a broad and diverse audience. They are hubs of education and culture oriented to create multidisciplinary spaces, integrating art, science, history and technology. Moreover, museums stimulate curiosity, a sense of wonder, that inspires and unleashes new ideas helping with professional and personal growth.
Explore important museums and galleries in the charming Mediterranean town of Split
We designed this course for teachers to experience a completely different learning environment that lets them develop creativity and critical thinking; analytical, observation and problem-solving skills. The participants will also explore how museum methods and pedagogies can help with their everyday curricular or extracurricular activities.
With our excellent teacher trainers, the participants will visit museum exhibitions and take part in various workshops that align with social and natural science subjects as well as new technologies. Through the visit to the Diocletian’s palace – the non-typical living museum, the Gallery of Ivan Meštrović, the Maritime Museum, the Jadro-excursion site-park and interpretation centre, and other open-type gallery sights in the Split region, they will also learn how museums collaborate with other schools and teachers in the town, and how they develop their projects.
Furthermore, in an informal environment, participants will have the chance to forge meaningful connections with colleagues from across Europe and familiarize themselves with Croatian local traditions, cultural heritage and natural beauties.
By the end of the course, the participants will gain a comprehensive and innovative toolkit to enrich their educational practices and help students learn better and think bigger.
This course will help participants to:
- Develop critical thinking skills by analyzing information, making connections, and engaging in interpretive activities.
- Experience multisensory learning, enhancing retention and comprehension through visual, tactile, and auditory stimuli.
- Foster cultural literacy by appreciating different perspectives, traditions, and historical narratives.
- Recognize interdisciplinary connections, understanding how various disciplines overlap and influence each other.
- Acquire experiential knowledge through hands-on activities and interactive displays, applying theoretical concepts to practical situations.
- Cultivate curiosity and a sense of wonder, encouraging the habit of asking questions and seeking answers.
- Enhance communication skills through discussions, presentations, and written reflections about museum experiences.
- Foster civic awareness by addressing societal issues and encouraging reflection on individual roles in shaping a responsible citizenry.
THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES:
- Full programme of study sessions ( minimum 35 hours per week );
- Course materials;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Learning Agreement
- Quality Agreement;
- Visits to local institutions;
- Personalized support;
- Expertise of Local Provider on location during the mobility;
- Free WIFI internet;
- Coffee and tea breaks;
- Administration costs.
Work on your professional and personal development under Erasmus+, network, build strong relationships with your colleagues from all over Europe and explore amazing culture and nature in Croatia’s beautiful city of Split!