COURSE DESCRIPTION: Digital Storytelling
Use Narrative Techniques To Spark Interest
If you are struggling with keeping your students engaged and motivated, this Erasmus+ KA1 course might be the solution to your problem. Incorporating digital storytelling can not only improve your students’ motivation and digital skills but can also help them come out of their shells.
Many students love to tell stories but struggle with writing them down and experience a lot of stress when they have to write texts. Using their digital skills to create stories will increase their critical thinking and soft skills.
Apply ICT Tools to Create Stories
By creating a digital classroom student collaboration will be encouraged and their learning experience will be enhanced. This can contribute to reducing early school leaving, which is often caused by the lack of engagement and motivation.
In this Erasmus teacher training course, participants will learn how to create videos using applications, get to know Canva which they can use to create beautiful presentations, which can be important storytelling tools.
Participants will also be able to use tools like Book Creator and Storyjumper to create a digital classroom.
Introduce Students to Video Making and Editing
Moreover, improving your own and your students’ digital skills and digital literacy, will have a positive effect on your teaching experience. Since ICT is becoming more important every day, you will learn how you can creatively use information technology and introduce filmmaking and photography to your students.
Participant is going to acquire the following competences:
- Include Storytelling in their lessons
- Have knowledge on how to build captivating stories, and structure narratives
- Further develop IT skills and their application in the classroom
- Have awareness of storytelling processes and elements, building suspense, backstory, the plot
- Use Digital tools such as Bookcreator, Storybook
- Create a video as a storytelling educational tool
- Improve their English language skills
THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- Free Split walking tour – with the local expert guide (included);
- Full programme of study sessions ( minimum 35 hours per week );
- Course materials;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Learning Agreement
- Quality Agreement;
- Visits to local institutions;
- Personalized support;
- Expertise of Local Provider on location during the mobility;
- Free WIFI internet;
- Coffee and tea breaks;
- Administration costs.
Work on your professional and personal development under Erasmus+, network, build strong relationships with your colleagues from all over Europe and explore amazing culture and nature in Croatia’s beautiful city of Split!