Erasmus Courses Split
Critical Thinking & Mindfulness – Discover the Present Moment & Explore Complex Issues
The course has a clear format delving into the structure of a discussion and facillitating thoughtful collaboration in the school system. Our participants will learn the concept of ‘reaction vs response’ and utilize it to discover the present moment. The art of thinking will be considered to enhance compassion and successful collaboration. The concept of listening will be presented and intertwined with the art of having a meaningful conversation. We will create discussions for students, where they can put their knowledge into practice, develop their own views on classroom content, and consolidate what they’ve learned.
Our participants will put on their critical thinking lenses and power through concepts such as problem solving and facts vs opinions. Mindfulness will be presented in the classroom & in the nature to learn to turn on all senses and generate a more positive classroom atmosphere. The present state of mind leads students to consider arguments & counter-arguments, develop a logical outline of their argument, and visualize how their ideas fit together.
An invaluable course for teachers who want to further enhance utilization of soft skills in the classroom and produce a challenging atmosphere where concepts are questioned and issues are raised.
Participant is going to acquire the following competences:
- Learn how to implement teambuilding techniques to generate positive and collaborative classroom atmosphere which prevents early school leaving and is a crucial indicator of school success
- Get introduced with the concept of critical thinking: develop constructive discussion in the classroom, effectively tackle fake news and accurately distinguish between fact vs opinion
- Learn how to utilize the present moment by using Mindfulness – a powerful relaxation tool that is changing the 21st century classroom
- Improve vital interpersonal competences by refining your communication, collaboration and problem solving skills
- Gain a practical understanding of beneficial nature of learning in an outdoor setting
THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- Free Split walking tour – with the local expert guide (included);
- Full programme of study sessions ( minimum 35 hours per week );
- Course materials;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Europass, on request
- Learning Agreement, on request
- Visits to local institutions;
- Personalized support;
- Expertise of Local Provider on location during the mobility;
- Free WIFI internet;
- Coffee and tea breaks;
- Administration costs.
Work on your professional and personal development under Erasmus courses Split Croatia network, build strong relationships with your colleagues from all over Europe and explore amazing culture and nature in Croatia’s beautiful city of Split!
Location : Erasmus Courses Split